The Service section of the Award encourages young people to volunteer their time to and understand the benefits of this service to their community.
Participants are required to give service (volunteer) over a set period of time that enables them to experience the benefits that their Voluntary Service provides to others.
Examples of Voluntary Service:
- First aid
- Visiting and supporting people in need, such as the elderly, or those with disabilities
- Volunteering at a hospital or local care home
- Sports coaching
- Charity work
- Bronze - at least 3 months
- Silver - at least 6 months
- Gold - at least 12 months
Contact your nearest Award operator for more examples of the Service you can do, and information on how to sign up for the Award where you are.
“Challenge yourself to be a responsible, caring member of the community.”