Deliver the Award
The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award is delivered globally; any organisation that works directly with young people can deliver the Award.
Organisational benefits of delivering the Award
Delivering the Award brings your organisation many benefits, not least the opportunity to help develop young people and support them on their journey to a better future. By delivering the Award your organisation will:
- Help to develop the lives of young people and their communities;
- Become part of an international network of Award Operators, Leaders and like-minded individuals and organisations;
- provide Continuing Professional Development (CPD) for your staff;
- Complement existing extra-curricular activities and receive recognition for them;
- Give young people the opportunity to participate in the world's leading youth achievement award.
"The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award is the only truly global mark of recognition that I know about in the field of extracurricular activity. As an employer, I want to see that people coming to work for us have more to offer than their academic qualifications. The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award is a great example of a differentiator I would look for when judging the suitability of a young person to join our company." Phil Smith, CEO, Cisco UK & Ireland
National Award Operators (NAOs)
In countries where there is a designated National Award Operator (NAO), the Award is delivered to participants through Award Units (typically schools, NGOs or youth clubs) that are licensed and managed by the NAO.
If there is an NAO in your country/territory, and you would like to deliver the Award, please contact the NAO directly. To check if there is an NAO in your country/territory, please go to Near You.
Independent Award Centres (IACs)
Where there is no existing NAO in your country / territory, organisations (such as schools, NGOs and youth clubs) are licensed directly by the Foundation, to deliver the Award as Independent Award Centres (IACs). IACs are licensed to deliver the Award exclusively with their own youth membership.