Responsibilities of the International Council (IC) of The Duke of Edinburgh's International Award Association (IAA).
The roles and responsibilities of the IC are to:
- Supervise the operational functions of the International Award Foundation (IAF);
- Discuss and approve the agenda and arrangements for the Forum;
- Act on behalf of the International Award Association (IAA) between Forum meetings;
- Ensure that decisions made at the Forum are put into action;
- Accept qualified National Award Operators (NAOs) into provisional membership of the IAA.
The IC meets once a year, either at the Forum, International Gold Event (IGE) or at a specific IC meeting, depending where we are in the three year cycle of events. The most recent IC meeting took place in the United Kingdom in November 2016.
The International Council consists of the Trustees and the Secretary General of the International Award Foundation plus 12 regional representatives who were elected at Forum 2015 (three per region to represent the interests of national operators and independent centres in their region) and eight Emerging Leader Representatives who were elected at the IGE in 2014.
12 regional representatives as elected in 2015:
Sainey Drammeh, CEO and National Director
Virendra Kumarsingh Daby, National Chairman
Katende Mukibii, National Director
Jack Thompson, National Chairman
Stephen Smith, National Chairman
Andrew Parsons, National Chairman
Sayeeful Islam, National Chairman
Joyce Chan, Chief Executive Officer
Karen Ross, National Director
Jiri Zrust, National Chairman
Mikko Varesmaa, Foundation Representative
Michael Pizzarello, National Director
8 Emerging Leader Representatives elected in 2014: